Thursday, February 8, 2018

More snow.

I was supposed to go and look at a plow for the wheeler today, but the guy bailed on me.  Nevertheless, I still got the snowblower up there, and despite losing a bunch of time waiting for the dude managed to get a good chunk of the driveway done.  I ended up stopping because I was nearly out of gas (the can was empty, the snowblower had maybe an inch left in it) and I broke a shear pin.  I didn't have the spares in the truck since I emptied it out when I went to pick up Rachel with it. 


It didn't change over to ice up there like it did in Keene and Swanzey, but it still wasn't bad, only about 6 or so inches.  Still enough that the bank at the end of the road was taller than the snowblower though. 


I got the mailbox cleared out too.  I ended up doing it by hand with a regular dirt shovel since my snow shovel was at the apartment, I broke my snow shovel there and forgot to toss it back in the truck. 


The guy did eventually get back to me, so hopefully I will get to go look at it tomorrow.  I need to make sure that the arm is at least 75 inches long, and that the ball has a 7/8 or smaller shank.

Unfortunately my camera just isn't good enough, but I tried to take a picture of the stars before I left.  I left after all my neighbors had turned off their outside lights, and the sky was crystal clear.  Even at ISO3200 though, I don't have a long enough exposure (the camera is limited to a second).  You can see a couple of dots in it if you blow it up, but it needed more time.  Oh well.

2 comments: