Saturday, February 25, 2017

Mud season begins

Despite the fact that I can't shake the little voice in the back of my head reminding me it is only February and that winter will return, it looks like mud season has begun.

Thanks to the warm days of late, The driveway is now impassable (at least with the car, I haven't tried the truck yet).  The mud in the driveway was deep enough that my car was scraping in spots.  I guess it is time to call the gravel guy I wanted to call last year.


Soup at the end of the driveway.


Deep ruts.  The ruts from trying to drive my car up it are now serving as run off creeks.


The other paths that I cleared are also bare.  That means once the driveway is passable I can call the electrician.




What I did clear on the slab is also barren.  I think I could easily get the trailer out for the welding guy.


Even the path to the shed is mostly clear, which gets the least sunlight


It looks part of my restoration last fall didn't take.  I noticed that it was only the part I did with the rust converter that had this problem.  The part I did with the wire wheel was all good.  I will have to do some touch up this spring.




As you might expect, the creek is ridiculously high.  We have been getting rain, and it is warm and sunny (when not raining) so everything is melting off at a rapid rate.


This is almost knee deep.  It is the deepest I have seen it, outside of the flash flooding a little over a year ago.  Even compared to that, this is pretty close to as deep.


I did go up and visit the welder today, he is closer than I thought, only about 5 miles north of the property.  Unfortunately Google lied to me and said he was open today, but that wasn't the case, so I will have to try back some other time.  I did notice that he is portable, he has a big van, so he might come to me to do the work, instead of me taking the trailer to him.  We can work out those details after I get a hold of him though.

2 comments:

  1. no mud bogging?? What happened? I figured you would have had that truck coated by now! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truck is coated, I just took it up there. It made it up the hill, barely. I didn't think it was going to, when all four wheels started spinning, but the front ones made it to the paved part before the truck ran out of momentum. At least now I have a couple of nice trenches for the runoff.

      Delete