Sunday, February 19, 2017

Nice warm day.

I went up to snowblow the last little bit from the snow marathon, and most of it had actually already melted.  When I was up there yesterday, the snow was melting faster than I was clearing it.

For starters, I am not sure who did it, but thanks for pushing the banks back.  These banks were approaching the point where the snowblower would no longer throw over them.


They also push stuff back on either side of the mailbox, which I finished clearing out.  I don't get mail up there yet, I haven't forwarded everything since my PO box doesn't expire for another couple of months, and since I am not consistently up there enough to clear, I haven't switched everything over.


I got all the normal clearing done, and a little extra.  Among the extras that I got done this time is a path to the electric panel so I can call the electrician and get him out there.


I also did a path to the creek.


The creek is quite full, as you might expect from a 40's and sunny day.


I also made a loop around the trailer, with hopes that I might be able to bring it somewhere to get the welding done before May.


Each time I have cleared up there I have cleared a little bit of the ice that has built up from not clearing it right away.  In a few spots, I am finally through it.


All this came at the expense of the snowblower though, the slope has never been kind to the snowblower, and this time the tire came off the rim.


I started working on the bank on the side of the shed.  The metal seems to relocate the snow quite well, but the ridge cap doesn't seem to be as big a fan.


I found the shovel to work the best.  I will be finishing it up today.  The good news is that I will probably only have to do this once for the winter.  Unless we get another few nor'easters in a short time span, this should hold it until spring.

3 comments:

  1. poor snow blower! its abused! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. To air the snowblower tire back up, wrap a ratchet strap around the middle of the tire before you add air and tighten. That forces the beads back out to the edge of the rim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried that, that is how I used to reinflate the moving dolly that I had. The tire wouldn't bend the correct way.

      Delete