Sunday, February 5, 2017

Nice pleasant day up at the property.

Despite all the ice, the truck made it up the hill with no issues, so I spent a good chunk of the day wandering about.  Turns out the ice is thick enough for me to walk on; I only broke through when I was trying to for traction, and in a couple of other spots that had apparently melted more, so I didn't need snow shoes.

Apparently we got snow at some point last week up there, the land looked undisturbed.



I followed some of the tracks, and found the nests.  They seem a bit small for rabbit holes, but I am pretty sure that is what they are.



Looks like my moose is still hanging around.  This is in the same area that I saw the tracks during the summer.



He was headed through the Archway leading to the creek.


The creek is still running, a couple of the wider spots had started to freeze over, but it is definitely still running.






My cliff face has largely cleared, though I still have the icicles stuck to the rock.






I also found what would appear to be a major game highway.  It wasn't that far from the back yard either.  I am not entirely sure I could have seen something like this from the porch, but I could still see a sliver of red from my truck from here.  This is unfortunately not where I was hunting the couple of times I went out this year.  Looks like I picked the wrong spot.


There were some sizable deer prints in it too.


Including one deer who appeared to have a crash landing or at least lose his brakes.


A little further back on the creek, I found it gurgling.  It did it every time an air bubble passed through.


It kind of looked like my rock was leaking.


I also took a video since it is hard to see in the pictures.  Unfortunately Blogger doesn't upload in HD, so this might not be any better.

Mushrooms.  I never studied mushrooms enough to know what kind they are.




This is where I was overlooking during hunting season. The picture is too zoomed out, but I can tell you that there are a lot of rabbit tracks, some squirrel tracks, but only a single set of deer tracks.  Definitely not the best place to sit.


And the rock I was sitting on.


These are back there too.  Pretty sure they are raccoon.


If Aunt Lisa wants any, I have some rocks.


The end of the stone wall.  Looks like they just stopped caring...  Not sure if this is the end of my property, I haven't measured it out, but I was a ways back in the woods, I think this is past my property, so maybe the marker for the lot behind mine?


One problem with going up the property line:  that put me at the highest elevation on the property.  And I didn't grab my creepers...  So I got a nice fun slide down the hill when I reached the front of the lot.  At least the slide was intentional, not surprise.




On a more work related note, the software for the mixer valve controller is completed, I just need to test and debug it.  I also have some of the designs done (mostly still in my head at this point, I need to write them down), so I am making progress on the winter projects as well.  Hopefully I will get some of them finalized and get more posts soon.

  • Valve controller for the washer.
    • Parts acquired.  Software complete.
  • Build the desk/entertainment center.
    • Desired layout/design complete.
  • Design/build the platform/loft
    • Design nearly complete, linear actuators spec'd.
  • Complete the detailed trailer design and BOM

3 comments:

  1. The holes might be chipmunk burrows, but you would have to watch them for occupants. And keep an eye around the mushrooms. Whitetails like mushrooms! :) I would guess your other tracks are raccoon, as well.

    ReplyDelete