Monday, June 3, 2024

Not a lot of progress.

I didn't feel too great over the weekend, and didn't get much of anything done outside of some cleaning and organizing on Saturday.  Sunday I decided to drag myself outside regardless of how I felt though.  So I pulled out my cheapo disposable wood sealing kit.  


It worked surprisingly well.  I got the whole underside that was exposed done in about 20 minutes, which is a fraction of what it took to do the sides.  Hurray for dollar store rollers.


I waited about an hour to let the glue dry, then went and washed the holes in the cap.  It was dirty.  


Unfortunately I got a little too careless and the glue wasn't as dry as I thought, so I left it alone afterwards.  You can see on the bottom that it reactivated the glue.  Oops.


After a brief nap, I went out and mowed.  It should hopefully be good for another couple weeks.   


I also took what was left of soapy water and washed the bird poo off the tractor.  The water was dirty from cleaning the cap, but it still looks better than being so covered in bird poo that you almost couldn't read the name.


Another note on the birds, there are little ones in the nest now.  One of them was watching me.


After that I pulled out the big tractor.  I wanted to repaint the bucket this year and I also wanted to paint the snowblower to at least slow the rust on it before I dropped it off the back because I can't move it once I do.  I started washing the bucket, but my hose nozzle tried a new failure mode, all the modes go all at once now.


Unfortunately, it looks like my old wire wheel doesn't fit my new grinder. So much for 4.5" being 4.5".  So I ended up running into town and grabbing a new one.  

I did get another couple shelves installed on the armoire, so the inside structure of the armoire is almost complete.  It is rather slow going only being able to do one shelf every other day.

Today is supposed to be nice but warm, but starting Thursday it is rain every day for the remainder of the 10 day.  I haven't had to turn the AC on yet, but I expect I will this week; I can't leave the windows open when it rains since there isn't enough overhang.  I might add gutters to the list of projects.  I was planning on visiting Aunt and Uncle this weekend.

Matt brought up something interesting.  I don't really want to go through and refurbish the trailer that I bought, so I am considering making it a one time use and leaving it down there and just resell it down there.  I only bought one because it is cheaper than renting one, and I sold my old one because I never used it.  This one is not beefy enough to carry my tractor, and I have a truck with an 8' box.

Current To-do:
  • Design deck
  • Build deck
  • Build armoire.
  • Install whole house filter.
  • Refurb cap
  • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • Back yard drainage.
  • Insulate the water lines
  • Take scrap metal to Buffum
  • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
  • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment