Friday, June 14, 2024

Quiet week.

Things have been pretty quiet of late.  I went and visited Aunt and Uncle last weekend, so I didn't work on any projects or anything.  I got excellent mileage on the way back.  


I finally got tired of the mess in the bedroom, where most of  my travel stuff was strewn all over the floor, so I picked up a couple of cheaper organizers, which came in during the week.  I have to admit, I was surprised at the sheer number of parts in the first one.  This wasn't even all of them, there were some behind me as well.  Some assembly required.


But I got it put together.  This is the corner it is intended to help clean out.  


This was the other one.  I knew it was cheap, but it was a little cheaper than expected.


One of the other organizers came in later in the week.  I had to make a second order when I realized that I didn't have the gasket for the cap.  Looks like I didn't measure it properly.  It doesn't slide out, it is about 1/4" too wide.  Sigh.  I still have a use for it, just not the intended one.  


One the armoire front, I have been a bit lazy, but the bulk of it is all glued.  I should be able to finish putting the finish nails and sand the front tonight.  Then it is staining time.  I think I am going to stain it first, then put the back on, it will make the staining process sooo much easier.


It is looking like a nice weekend, so I am hopeful I can finish up the cap base and get all the holes plugged and glassed in.  I also want to do a little bit of poking on the trailer.  I do have some stuff going on this weekend though, so that might be a bit ambitious.
Current to-do
  • Design deck
  • Build deck
  • Build armoire.
  • Install whole house filter.
  • Refurb cap
  • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • Back yard drainage.
  • Insulate the water lines
  • Take scrap metal to Buffum
  • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
  • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment