Monday, December 4, 2023

Looks like time for a new TV.

So Saturday started off with a bang.  Literally.  My old TV had its power supply fail.  I had been wanting to upgrade since I moved in (bigger house needs a bigger TV obviously).  The original plan was to buy a new TV, and then move the old one out to the deck when I built it next year.  Oh well.

I had picked up a freebie TV off of Craigslist last year for the home gym.  It was a cheap crappy Westinghouse, but it functions.  It isn't a great TV (the brightness blows out lighter things, but turning it down makes the picture look awful), but will do until my new one comes in.  It also doesn't have an audio out, but rather than re-wire everything, I am just using my bluetooth speaker for now.  I did some research and ordered a new one (65 inch).


I kept waiting on Saturday for it to become less miserable, but it never happened.  This was taken at 330PM.


I still got around to finishing up removing everything out of the back of the truck.  I put the fridge in the tiny home, which seems to be holding up just fine.  The tiny home still smells a little, which I assume is the plumbing traps not having water in them anymore.  If I get motived, I might try to plug/tape over all the drains and see if that helps.  Otherwise, since it isn't heated anymore, I might just leave the windows cracked open all winter.  I have debated bringing down my little propane heater and seeing if that was adequate for using it to paint during the winter.


While Sunday was supposed to be wet it wasn't supposed to be snow.  Fortunately snow is still in the pretty stage of winter, and since I didn't have to clear anything yet, it isn't in the annoying stage yet.  I really do need to get the PTO shaft work done though.  I need to do a little more research to figure out how I am supposed to measure the shaft length (from where to where, should the rear be lifted, etc).


I finished getting everything unpacked and clearing up the front entryway, and I also assembled the cube storage thing I had picked up.  I didn't realize that it doesn't actually include the cubes.  Ugh.  It looks pretty nice though, and matches the wall quite well. Too bad it was missing hardware.  Thankfully I have a large stock of fasteners.


The plan is to empty out the totes that were sitting in the corner into it.


I also thought about my winter projects.  The list I had before my trip was pretty loaded for the winter, so I don't think I am going to add anything to it.  There are still some things I have to figure out though, since some of my equipment isn't winterized yet.  Since the ground is already frozen, I am not sure if there is value in mulching the leaves, but regardless I still need to winterize everything, run them out of gas, and more importantly store them in the corner of the carport, which is very poorly loaded at the moment.  I hadn't expected it to get so cold while I was away.  The last several winters I had days I could paint in December.  It looks like I won't get that this year.

Current To-do:
  • ASAP
    • Shorten PTO shaft for snowblower
    • Final mowing of leaves?
    • Winterize equipment
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire.
    • Install whole house filter.
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
    • Install cube organizer in living room.
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Back yard drainage.  Complete Mortgage.
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

1 comment:

  1. I got the bins for my cube at Walmart. I like the color on yours!

    ReplyDelete