Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Weekend update.

I did some stuff over the weekend other than sorting through pictures.  I poked around in my truck trying to find where this piece goes, though I couldn't find it.  


I also got out and walked around my lot a bit before the snow started on Saturday.  We must have gotten a really nasty windstorm at some point while I was gone.  I noticed that one of my dead pines in the back gave away.


Another dead tree was a near miss on my utility trailer.  


I also had a tree came down and hit the shed.



Fortunately, there is no serious damage, just some minor damage to the doors.  

Stuff looks like it got jostled around, and the pile of spare wood fell over, but I didn't see any damage inside.  


A couple of other notes: the crack in my slab has gotten larger.  


Apparently a bird thought it would be cool to build a nest on my bike.  Grrrr


A little surprising too since it is literally only a couple of feet away from another nest.  I didn't think they would build that close to each other.  Or perhaps that is why it was never finished.

Sunday the weather was kind of crappy, so I went out and looked at cars in between short bursts of sleet.  I was curious about whether SUVs would be big enough inside for a van camper, since they could also replace my truck.  I didn't meet with much success.  The only ones I thought I could sit up in were the Honda Odyssey (a minivan and not really a candidate), and the Subaru Ascent seemed like it might be feasible.  The problem with most of them were they were too short in the back, meaning I can't sit up in them in the back.  Looks like a pickup is the way to go for my next vehicle at least.  I have been keeping an eye on F-150 prices, and they seem to be obnoxiously volatile.  I can price out a truck one week and it varies a few grand from week to week.

We got a bunch more snow last night, and apparently my truck is sick of it too.  The wiper broke off when I turned them on.   


I haven't really gotten around to doing any work on any of the projects, though replacing the shed doors will definitely make the list for this summer.

1 comment: