Thursday, April 21, 2022

Chopping wood

I was unusually motivated yesterday afternoon so I left work on time (instead of surfing internet for a couple of hours before leaving).  I chopped up the tree that fell on my shed yesterday.  It took a few extra pulls since the saw hadn't run in a year, but it fired up and ran really good...  Until I hit a rock anyways.  Now the chain needs sharpening.  I had the log propped up off the ground, but the saw went through it faster than I expected.  Oops.  Time to get a sharpening kit.


All the logs are cut up though and I carried them down to the carport.  I didn't really want to drive the tractor up there since it would leave ruts whose depth would be measured in feet right now.  Even just walking up there my feet were sinking several inches in spots.


In addition, my camper upgrades and things that I wrecked on the trip arrived.  I will bring them down next time.


I need to get up to the Ford dealer, preferably this week, so I will hopefully be pulling the power center out of my truck this week.  It is nice to have daylight after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment