Monday, April 25, 2022

Power center out of the truck.

Friday I went and visited Barry and delivered the firewood, so that is all cleaned up at least (except for the trunk which I never cut down).  Saturday I went to a cookout and tried to make the chicken-bacon-ranch lasagna.  It tasted good, but was very very oily, and not all the lasagna noodles cooked properly.  I used no-bake since I thought the ranch would be runny.  So that recipe still needs some work.


The big task for the weekend was to pull the power center out of the truck.  I started by clearing out the spot in the carport where it goes.  The power center has been in the back of the truck long enough that I had commandeered its spot for something else.

Then it was time to start pulling.  Thankfully the tractor fired right up even after not starting for several months.  It made quick work of pulling it out.


I did a closer inspection as I disassembled it.  There was something that I found quite concerning; some of the wires were wearing through.  While it didn't come close to wearing all the way through the insulation, but it still wasn't something I expected to see.  I also noticed that some of the heatshrink came apart too.  


As I was disassembling it, I found out the hard way that the nut for my hex key set fell out.  Ugh.


But the back of the truck is now empty.  I will probably bring it to a car wash later this week.  I ordered some touch up paint for the truck and will be washing it before I apply it.


I got a preliminary trade in value on my truck of $11k.  I haven't been to the dealer yet though.  I did send an inquiry online to see what the wait time on a custom order F150 is right now, but haven't heard back yet.  Unfortunately the base price of the 4x4 just went up again, so I am up at 49k now.  I think it is more likely to go up then down though, so I will get rolling on that this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment