Monday, January 24, 2022

Another frosty weekend.

We had another very chilly weekend.  I also found out that the USB media doesn't work when it gets really cold.  Not sure if it is the truck or the USB stick.  I am not exactly running high quality sticks in my truck.  I didn't take the picture high enough to get the temperature reading, but it was well below zero when this happened. 

Saturday was pretty frigid, so I didn't do anything outside.  I did a little trip planning, and put the final touches on my new home information packet.  I tried to create it in Google Docs, but they apparently don't allow things like putting text boxes in images and things like that, but you can still see the bulk of it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14WgIvIaH2oGHtBOF50b3kvNYJGwmeKhZ34cWlwqmqGo/edit?usp=sharing

Sunday was supposed to be a little warmer, though it didn't get nearly as warm as it was supposed to.  I still got outside for a few hours in the afternoon though.  I took my snowshoes and made a path up to the shed.  Another day above freezing and I won't have to use them to get up and down anymore.

I also started real work in the shed.  I got the edges peeled up and got a bunch of nails removed.  I will have to cut the plywood to get it out; the edge on the longer side I can pull out, but the edge at the front and back of the shed I can't out, so I will have to go one joist in and cut the plywood flooring.  I will probably cut it next to the joist and then just double the joist I think is the easiest way to do it.  I put boards under the edges to it is easier to get something underneath it to lift.


I stopped when it started getting darker in the shed.  Apparently the power for the shed came undone at some point.  It was just unplugged at the carport.  The snow overhang is getting pretty large though.

This puts pretty much everything in progress.  I now have a work package to take to places and get quotes for the house, and the shed flooring is very much in progress now.

Winter Projects:
  • Install chains and anti-gel in tractor.
  • Get power center out of truck.
  • Fix shed floor.
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Put up more shelving/hooks in the carport

No comments:

Post a Comment