Friday, June 11, 2021

Enough wires to test the power center.

I wasn't too productive this week, but still managed to get a few things done.  I got most of the trailer painted, though I ran out of paint.  The strip on the left isn't covered  I really thought I had enough left.  I was wrong.  I will have to get another can.  Ugh.  I also forgot to do the rims.  

I also stayed a little late today since it wasn't scorching in the building and got the terminals put on.  Work has a pretty beefy press.  I decided to use a press since I read that they make better crimps than just hammering it.

I apparently misplaced my original template wires, since there were only 5 sets of wires in the box, there should have been 6 (2 per battery, 3 batteries).  I will need to find the last set of wires though I was fairly confident that everything was in the box.  The ends are crimped on the 5 sets though.  I haven't put the heat shrink on them yet, but that is a pretty trivial thing to do.  

Even with just 5 cables I can test the power center this weekend, though I can't push it to the limits without the last wire.  I may have to dodge showers to do it.

The power center is getting close.  I am still a little concerned that the generator I wanted still isn't in stock anywhere.  I might have to revisit the generator if I can't find someone who has it. I can't build the baffle box until I have selected a generator. If I end up going with a Honda for example, I need an extra fuel tank built into it.  

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Baffle box
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.
  • Fix shed floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment