Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Cap mostly rebuilt.

It has been roasting the last couple of days, but I still got a couple of things done.  I worked remotely for part of the day today.  

The first thing I did was finish installing the new latches on the cap.  I ended up having to drill out the old screws and then cutting them off with the reciprocating saw.  


The new ones are installed though.  


They just barely reach.  And I do mean just barely.  


I also got the new lifters installed.  I don't need to keep the shovel in the back anymore to prop the window open.  I think the ones I got might be too strong, the window bends when closing it.  Oh well.  


One thing that is both concerning and convenient: all the locks are the same key.  Even the rear window ones which were ordered completely separately from the side windows.  That means that they use the same key for millions of handles.  Convenient that it is all one key for me, but concerning that anyone else who bought any of the Bauer kits will be able to open up the back of my truck.  All that is left on the cap is to put a new gasket on it, which hasn't come in yet.  I haven't had any major heat problems with the cap, so at least for now repainting it is not in the cards.


I also put out a new trap.  We shall how this goes.  


The last thing I got done was getting back to the power center.  The top is reinstalled, and all the wires for the inverter reach.  It is reaching the point of testing everything.  


I didn't paint because it was supposed to storm all afternoon and wouldn't dry.  The trailer needed the bee spray washed off anyways.  

The cap wasn't on the project list, so no movement there.  
2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.
  • Fix shed floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment