Thursday, February 25, 2021

Didn't quite get the window ready.

The half day I took yesterday was gorgeous and felt like spring and even the 10 day forecast looks really nice (take that you stupid woodchuck!).  

I took advantage of the daylight to start adding the window to the shed.  I measured the rough-in for the window.


When I built the shed, I was a bit more "lax" about strict and tight measurements.  Normally when you work on something, that causes you a lot of pain.  This is why when you look at the shed none of the rafter ends line up for example, compared to the carport where the attention to detail was paid and is very nice.

In this case however, it worked out in my favor.  One of the studs is a little crooked which means I won't need to install a new king stud.  In a house I would anyways, but for a shed it is less important.


I managed to get everything but the siding cut away.  The siding I won't do until I am ready to silicone the window in.  Unfortunately I couldn't find my chisel to properly square up the bottom cut which wasn't perfectly perpendicular; I guess I didn't hold the reciprocating saw at the perfect angle.  I will pick up another chisel tonight on my way home.  


Despite that though, I have everything cut and the header is built.  


After that I enjoyed the rest of the day.  Though my phone overexposed it, it was nice sunset yesterday.


The carport wanted to slide off, but didn't quite.


Looking at the driveway this morning, I kind of regret not clearing it the other day.  It was only a couple of inches, which pretty much all melted off yesterday, but if I had, a good portion of my driveway would have been bare.  Looking at the ten day forecast though, it looks like it won't take much longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment