Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Yard work done for the year.

I got back from VT on Sunday, but didn't really do anything when I got back.  I also took Monday off though, and managed to get some stuff done since it was still really nice out.  

Greg gave me a wheelbarrow that it looked like a tree branch or something had fallen on it.  I managed to straighten out the handles and structure on it.



I don't think I can use it for mixing concrete though. There are cracks that can't be fixed by just putting a bigger washer on it.  



I never figured out why it wouldn't start last time, but the mower started first pull.  So I finished my yardwork for the year.  I also pushed the knotweed back a couple of feet.



One unfortunate side effect of pushing it back is finding new trash in the yard.



The leech field and the side are done.  



The other side required me installing the discharge chute; mulching alone was not sufficient.



The back yard wasn't too bad, most of the leaves had blown out anyways, but I wanted to run the rest of the gas out of the mower.  



The mower is now put away for the winter.  



I also fired up the snowblower.  It felt weird starting the snowblower when it was in the mid 60s outside.  It started right up.  I think the weird issue I had with it last winter where it would start at a really low RPM is related to the throttle cable.  It did that when I started it, and I had to jiggle the lever a lot to get it to shut off.  Once I got it to shut off, it restarted and everything worked fine. 



This ticks another item off the checklist.  Nothing left at this point is critical before winter.  I went all last winter with no siding on the wall, and the windows will get done whenever they get done.  

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install acrylic and braces in carport.
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.
  • Install siding on south wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment