Thursday, November 12, 2020

Got the itch, started building the AC cover.

It was nice out on Tuesday, so I got the car cleaned out.  All that is left to do is vacuum it out before I sell it.  I might be able to finish that up today if the rain holds off.

Last night I got bored and had the itch to actually do something, so I started working on the cover for the heat pump.  It is nice being able to work in the rain after dark, even if I don't do it often.  I got the framing built, though I apparently screwed up one of my calculations somewhere; the back is a little shorter than expected.  It shouldn't hurt the functionality though, it just means it is a 5.5:12 pitch instead of a 6:12 pitch.  



I really don't like these screws.  They don't fit my square bits very well and despite being self-tapping, they are dull (hard to start) and split wood very easily.  And I have gotten a lot of duds like this.  The 3 inch screws are awesome, these ones (these are only 2.5") not so much.



No movement on the checklist.  I briefly thought about getting the siding last night (despite having to drive halfway to Boston to get it), but got lazy and didn't.  I might go tonight after vacuuming the car.  

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install acrylic and braces in carport.
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.
  • Install siding on south wall.

5 comments:

  1. Itching to build stuff? Ohh I can really put you to work that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of projects did you have in mind? I will need things to do while I am down there.

      Delete
    2. Well I at least need plans and a shopping list for some stuff in the barn. :D

      Delete
  2. don't forget about the back wall to the boat shed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that will take a weekend, and hopefully at least one weekend will be spent fishing, but that still leaves a couple of weekends and some free time in the evenings.

      Delete