Friday, November 6, 2020

Lights

I didn't really do much this week.  We got another snowstorm earlier in the week.  



In addition, it was very windy.  It even blew snow into the carport on the east side, where the overhang goes almost all the way to the siding.  



I did a little experimentation with trying to make blueberry tea.  This one didn't turn out great.  The blueberry is too close to a smoothie and not enough like juice.  It came out tasting OK, but it was a little strange and not as good as the original formula.



I also picked up a couple of lights that went on sale (hooray for the shopping season starting earlier every year).

I got a 12V one that is on the roll bar.  This gets it above the bucket.  It was surprisingly bright (it is only a 30W LED).  Apparently the 12V outlet on my tractor is very loose fitting, so hopefully that won't be an issue.  The magnet base is very strong on this one.  



I also picked up one for the bucket.  This is a battery operated light.  I was curious how these work.  It worked OK, but not great.  I have concerns about the magnets on this one being strong enough to hold it while plowing.  



They seem to provide adequate light, though I suppose I will find out more when the snow flies.  



None of these things were on the checklist, so no movement.  I will be out in the mountains of VT this weekend, so I won't be getting much done.  

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install acrylic and braces in carport.
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.
  • Install siding on south wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment