Sunday, November 3, 2019

Chilly weekend

Yesterday was chilly.  I did get some work done on the house though.  I went and picked up Greg's ladder in the morning, and got the window in the front cut out.  I got the window itself caulked back in as well.  I got the 1x4 cut for the top and bottom.  Two problems arose though: the bottom board needs to be thinner, it isn't below the drain for the window sill in the window, and because of the cold the caulk took hours to cure.  So I didn't get them installed.  Tim has a planar and a jig for his table saw to make boards thinner, so I will be headed over there this afternoon.  Kind of a bummer, since I was hoping to complete it this weekend, but oh well.


I also stopped by the quarry to pick up the gravel to finish the drainage ditch, but apparently they are off their summer hours and weren't open.  Looking at the drainage ditch though, I am still thinking about running the pipe all the way down to the creek though.  We have gotten a lot of rain the past week, and the part I never filled in was full.  There was still active draining going on too.  I could see water draining out of the pipe and running in.


So instead I got some other winterization stuff done.  I got the hose taken off and drained.  I also got the spicket drained.


The hose itself is now drained (it is easy when you live on a hill) and wound up.

No comments:

Post a Comment