Thursday, November 7, 2019

Indoor projects.

I started working on a few indoor projects this week.  The first of which was making the panel in front of the sink open and shut so I can eventually hang a basket on it.  One of the hinges is a little crooked, but it is installed and opens and closes, and the spring to hold it closed it installed.




I also got some rails cut for more shelving.  I went to install it and realized that I never installed the side panels for the cabinets, and didn't have any construction adhesive to do so last night.  I stopped by Home Depot at lunch and grabbed some liquid nails which ought to do the trick. 


I also dry fitted the vent extension.  Every once in a while when the wind is blowing the right way, I can still smell sewage in the house, so this ought to take my wall vent and exhaust it above the roof like a normal vent would.  For some reason I bought two couplers and not two elbows, but I got the last elbow during today's Home Depot run.


I will also find out this evening if the cargo net worked.  So far so good.  It is stretching more than I would have liked, but nothing fell out yet except the open box of tissues.  When I put the bed up tonight I will know for sure.


My car is confirmed dead.  I tried putting some dry gas and stuff in it to see of it was maybe just water in the gas, but it still wouldn't start, so I need to get it on a dolly and get it to a repair shop.  It stinks having to spend several hundred dollars just to trade it in, but I don't feel like dropping the fuel tank and stuff in my driveway.  Since the car has so many electrical systems, I can't tell if the fuel pump starts when you turn the ignition on, but the fuel pump is my assumption at this point.

I am going to the LAN this weekend, so no work will be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment