Thursday, October 17, 2019

D'oh! Nice traveling weekend.

So for starters, the d'oh is because I went to the lengths of borrowing a camera for the wedding I went to last weekend, and ended up forgetting some critical pieces at home.  I also forgot my invitation for the wedding which was kind of obnoxious.

Because of that, I didn't take too many pictures; most of the places I went to I have seen or posted pictures of before.  The only exception being Watkins Glen (which I have been to before, but the gorge trail was closed due to flooding last time).

Friday I went to Syracuse.  I was a little surprised to see that most of the trees in Syracuse hadn't turned yet.  Vermont was in peak foliage; the drive across the Molly Stark was beautiful.  But I went for a hike around Green Lakes in the morning and most of it was still green.


There were only a couple of hints of color, and you had to look for it.


The water levels at Green Lakes didn't seem low.  The brook was as lively as ever.


Round lake was also very peaceful.


I also visited Chittenango falls, but didn't get any good pictures.  The parking lot was closed for repairs, so I just failed at taking pictures as I drove by.

Saturday was the wedding.  I went and visited a couple of wineries while I was out there.  Unfortunately Bellangelo no longer makes the wine I liked the best, which was a

Description

Gewürztraminer and Riesling mix, but I still picked up a couple of bottles while I was there.  

Fortunately I remembered how to tie a tie.  


The wedding itself was in a gorgeous spot overlooking Canandaigua Lake.

Sunday was gorgeous, and I went to visit Watkins Glen since most of it wasn't open the last time I went.  Here are a few pictures, but I will upload the full set as an album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gSgp85PD4yxWKmLo9













I also went to stop at the Yancey's Fancy Cheese store on the way home, but apparently got the wrong place and went to the factory, not the store.  Since it was mid afternoon at that point, I bailed.  Maybe another time.  

2 comments: