Sunday, December 18, 2016

First big snowfall

Didn't get much done today, I was out at a Yankee swap last night, got home late and woke up later.  According to Andy, the AC cover has a foot of snow on it and has held up fine.  I went up and checked on the property today, since I hadn't been up there since the major snowfall on Friday night/early Saturday.  I didn't try to take the truck up the hill since the bank at the end was in the grille of the truck (there was more snow there than we got at my apartment), but everything looked fine.  The shed had already completely shed its snow, the roof was clear.  No leaks inside either.  The creek was high, but given the rain that followed the snow, I am not too surprised.  I am still debating on whether or not to bother snowblowing the driveway.  There is about a foot still up there that wasn't melted by the rain, but it isn't supposed to snow this week; it is supposed to be warm and sunny, so most of it will probably melt off.

Didn't make much progress on my winter projects (too busy sleeping and wrapping presents) but the parts have started to filter in.  I got an old mixer valve from a washing machine, and hope to start working on it this week, though I don't have a lot of time the next few days with Christmas on the way.

3 comments:

  1. If you really want white pictures, I am certain I could take a few for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said SNOW not white. i can take a picture of white, but no snow scapes?

    ReplyDelete