Sunday, December 4, 2016

AC Cover ready for delivery.

I put the final touches on the AC cover today.  Those included trimming the fiberglass, putting another layer of resin on the sides, some sanding, and lastly installing the latches.  Because it is a completely tool-less design, the latches are mostly to aid in setting it up to keep things from falling over.  They are not intended to be load-bearing.  All of the work I did on the roof I performed while it was on the base, so it is sturdy enough without them.

The profile shot:


A side view:


The back:


A better look at the roof after running it over with sand paper.  It isn't as smooth as I would have liked, but I did learn a lot about fiberglass building this, so hopefully I can do a better job next time.  

I also went up to the property and put some final touches on the mailbox.  I now have numbers on both sides of the post.  I also put a few more screws and a bracket on the 4x4 junction.  Previously it only had one screw holding it together.  I didn't use the 4x4 bracket I had, but just a corner brace.  It should be fine.

While I was up there, I also put the stuff away that I wanted on the slab, like my bathroom sink.  It is all in the shed now.  I thought about tarping everything, but am not sure what that would accomplish.  The tractor has sat outside all of its life, as has the pushmower.  The only thing that might be worth covering is the grill, and that was never covered by its previous owners either.  I also briefly considered covering the trailer, but the trailer is all freshly primed and painted, it shouldn't be hurt by being out in the elements.  So for all intents and purposes, the clearning the stuff off the slab task is done.  I forgot my compressor (one of the tires on the tractor doesn't hold air) so I didn't try to jump the tractor and drive around on it.

I also noticed that the ground up there was frozen, though I might still call the guy for the gravel and the electric.

And with that, the only thing left on the winter checklist is the gravel and the electric:
  1. Buy a new truck.
  2. Install the outrigger supports on the shed.
  3. Install the inter-rafter supports for the ridge board.
  4. Rework the pilings for the shed.
  5. Remove the trailer tanks.
  6. Sand and paint the trailer.
  7. Weld the new pieces onto the trailer.
    • This will likely get pushed out to next year.
  8. Put gravel down in the driveway.
    • Nice to have.
  9. Install driveway markers.
  10. Stabilize the mowers.
  11. Cover the piles and stuff on the slab.
  12. Electrical panel work.
    • Nice to have
  13. Install the mailbox.

I have also started a list of winter projects.  Those will be cropping up on here shortly.  The current slate of winter projects (in no particular order):
  • Valve controller for the washer.
  • Build the desk/entertainment center.
  • Design/build the platform/loft.
  • Complete the detailed trailer design and BOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment