Monday, October 17, 2022

Surprisingly Nice Weekend

I went to a wedding this past weekend.  It was on Friday.  I had a good time.  I especially liked the prime rib that was roasting over the fire.  The thing on the left rotates it like a rotisserie.  


The place was very rustic.  



Saturday was pretty quiet.  I spent most of the day on Saturday puttering around, doing chores since I was out Friday.  I was pretty lazy, and the weather was nice.  

The foliage wasn't as good as I had hoped, but I still got a few shots (these are from the week).  Even walking on the roads this time of year is pretty nice. 



I originally wanted to go to Otter Brook, but there was something going on there.  So I drove around and went back to the rail trail. 






Pictures from the rail trail.  These will probably be the last ones for the year; the leaves are falling at a rapid rate.












I noticed when I got home that the lady bugs are out in force.  All the little specs on the house wrap are lady bugs.


I also took out the pushmower and knocked down a bunch of the knotweed.  I got down to the first level of rocks on the upper part of the front yard. 


On the lower I had to dodge a bunch more stuff, but I got a chunk of that knocked down as well.  


I also did the chunk in the back by the pile of trash.  Turns out there were more than just knotweed stalks in there though, so I didn't do it very well.  I stalled it hitting real wood a couple of times.  At that point the pushmower was out of gas, and I felt lazy and didn't refill it.


I finally heard back from the town about the variance.  They lost half the packet I sent, so I resent the packet today.  I inquired about a snowblower on Craigslist, but haven't heard back.

Before winter:
  • Deal with town and get the variance.
  • Finish distributing pile of dirt.
  • Determine method of clearing snow. 
  • Driveway winter prep.
  • Clean off the slab.  
  • Clean out the carport.  Decide what to do with the power center.
  • Mulch the leaves.
  • Ensure the shed will make it through the winter.  Shed pilings
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  
    • Run mowers out of gas, put diesel treatment in the tractor, change oil in snowblower, rearrange the carport, put weight in the back of the truck, prep heat pump (clean filter), disconnect hose.  Fire up generator.  Take down bug zapper. Charge the power center batteries
    • Also note that my tractor is due for its first servicing.
  • Install the driveway markers.
Winter projects: 
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment