Tuesday, October 11, 2022

More foliage.

I totally spaced on my weekend post yesterday, but it wasn't overly productive.  My plans for Saturday were foiled, so I went out and enjoyed the day. One thing that happened last week though is that my tractor came back.  I haven't gotten a bill yet though, which is kind of odd.  But it should be all set for the winter at this point.  They even replaced the hydraulics that were leaking.  It leaked less than a cup all summer though, so I didn't care too much.  All the totes are moved back into the corner now, so the carport cleanup is complete for now, at least until the rearrange (pull out the snowblower and push the mowers in).


Other than that, it was mostly foliage peeping for Saturday.  Here is this weekends foliage.  Sullivan feels like it is the tail end of peak.  Keene is still in peak (at least using my definitions).  






Sunday I got a little work done.  I started off by getting the driveway markers installed.


I smoothed out the driveway again too.  Hopefully I don't tear it up before winter.


I also started clearing some of the knotweed up in the driveway.  My new truck turns like a whale, and will need the extra space.  The vegetation had creeped into the driveway a couple of feet. 

I still haven't heard anything from the town.  I might want to go visit and find out what is going on.  

Before winter:
  • Deal with town and get the variance.
  • Finish distributing pile of dirt.
  • Determine method of clearing snow. 
  • Driveway winter prep.
  • Clean off the slab.  
  • Clean out the carport.  Decide what to do with the power center.
  • Mulch the leaves.
  • Ensure the shed will make it through the winter.  Shed pilings
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  
    • Run mowers out of gas, put diesel treatment in the tractor, change oil in snowblower, rearrange the carport, put weight in the back of the truck, prep heat pump (clean filter), disconnect hose.  Fire up generator.  Take down bug zapper. Charge the power center batteries
    • Also note that my tractor is due for its first servicing.
  • Install the driveway markers.
Winter projects: 
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment