Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Truck and town update.

So I just got a letter from the town, they caught on that my variance has expired, so I will be going to the zoning board and asking for a one year extension.  Otherwise this fall could be interesting.  

Now that I have driven the truck for a couple of days, a few notes: the gas mileage according to the computer seems to have settled just above 17mpg.  I was only getting 15 if I drove it easy in the Tundra.  The needle hasn't moved on the gas gauge yet, despite there being ~80 miles on the truck now.  I haven't calculated real mileage nor tested highway driving yet though.  

The truck rides a little rougher than I expected, you can feel the shifts, and there are a lot of them; the truck has a 10 speed transmission.  It also lets the engine lug a bit too, which while good for gas mileage, vibrates the truck ever so slightly.  

The truck can actually pull itself at 1000rpm.  

There are some really nifty settings. Like I can change whether the unlock button on the FOB opens all doors or just the driver's door.  But there are also some weird things like it doesn't automatically go back into the driving mode it was last in.  It prompts you when you start the truck, but the prompt doesn't stick around long enough to be useful.  I drove it home in "normal" and have been driving it in "eco" mode to and from work since I am typically the only person on the road when going to work and don't care if it slows down.  It also defaults the dash display to the trip meter when I have been leaving it on the gas mileage screen.

The pedals are very very different to the Tundra.  The pedals have much better stiffness to them.  The brakes are especially strong in the truck.  

The truck does have remote start, though it is through the app on my phone and not on the FOB.  

2 comments:

  1. Like HOW interesting with the variance??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would likely have to get the shell put up this fall instead of next year. and getting everything set up in the matter of a month or two won't be easy.

      Delete