Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Back from vacation with a new truck.

My truck came in just as I was heading on vacation.  I picked it up yesterday after I got back. It is a 2022 F-150.  It has all the features that I wanted, the long box, the big gas tank, and so on.  It is definitely longer than the Tundra (though seems to turn almost as sharp), and even having only driven it home and to work this morning it definitely has more low end pull despite gong from a 4.6L V8 to a 3.5T V6.  It actually has good brakes which is a nice bonus.  Here are the highlights:
The truck's back doors open all the way to the bed.

The engine compartment.  Twin turbo 3.5L V6.  It puts out a lot more torque and HP than the Tundra, and it does it at a lower RPM.  On paper at least, this is the most powerful engine that Ford offers, it is more powerful than the 5.0L V8 (which is naturally aspirated).

It has the towing package.  This differs from the Ford rendering in a good way, which only had a 7 pin RV plug.  This has a flat-4 as well.
8' Bed.

The back seat is larger than expected.  While this is nice for interior storage, it also means the truck is longer than I expected.

The rendering didn't have the infotainment center, but this has the basic one.  This was kind of expected since backup cameras are required by DOT now.

The climate control is still a fairly simple system.  It also has some unexpected USB-C ports.  While the picture missed it, to the right of this is the 400W AC outlet.

The interior picture.

The front.  It has the fog lights.

Side of the truck.

The driver compartment.  Manual seat, but I was surprised that it had a telescoping wheel (that isn't listed on the website).

As for warranty, the truck comes with a 3yr/36k bumper to bumper, 5yr/60k powertrain, and the engine is lifetime.  I got it for the original MSRP when I ordered it, so a little over 49k.  

I went on two different vacations.  The first was a housewarming party for Krass down on Long Island.  His place is pretty nice,  I helped fix an electrical outlet while I was there.  I took the train down from Aunt's and Uncle's.  I didn't take many pictures of the place, but here are some pictures I took on the train ride down.

The Hudson river was low.  Really low.

I saw some interesting storm clouds as well.


The other excursion was going north with some of my coworkers to North Conway in the White Mountains (northern NH).  I haven't finished uploading the pictures from the trip yet, but the rental was pretty nice (though we had an errant chipmunk in the house).  It had a hot tub, which was well-utilized.  We did several hikes (including Black Cap and the Flume Gorge), some swimming holes, and so on.  I will post a link when all that stuff is uploaded.

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Level the yard.
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
Candidates to postpone:
  • Build a bridge over the creek
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Clear walking trails on lot.
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment