Monday, January 27, 2020

Satisfied the itch.

During the week last week, I only did a few things, like hanging a basket since the shelf for my keys and whatnot is too small. 


Saturday I went to a party and didn't get much done, but Sunday was nice so I finally decided to satisfy the itch to build something.   So I built a set of shelves.  I used a pre-laminated 18" board, and solidified the corners with the maple square pieces I got from Tim.  It turned out pretty nice.


Despite it being maple, the circular saw didn't even slow down.  It is time for a new chop saw, mine smokes and tries to die when cutting hardwood.


It might be time for a new compressor too.  The valves on it are leaking badly, and it developed a new issue: the PRV (pressure relief valve) now breaks at random. 


It made a huge difference inside though.  Here is a before and after:




It is also shallower than that old box, meaning I don't have to suck in my gut anymore when I go to crawl into bed.  Since I also cleared off the rolling thing, I also now have full access to the cabinet again too, which is nice.  I still need to work on clearing off that counter though.

I built this one differently than the pantry, and this was definitely easier to build, but wasn't quite as rigid as the pantry, which had 2x3 corner supports.  I think with a back panel though it would be fine.  I think I might use this style when I build the closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment