Saturday, September 7, 2019

During week updates

I didn't post any updates during the week since not a lot happened.  I worked more than a couple of long days this week.  A couple of notable things happened though.  I listed the pile of metal on Craigslist, and someone came to take a load.  As they were getting ready to come though, it turned out my truck battery died again.  This is the 4th time (3rd this year) that the truck wouldn't start.  Fortunately the jumper cables were long enough, since I couldn't get the car right up next to the truck.  A good reason to buy a good battery: the battery in the car is almost 6 years old, is half the size in terms of CCA, and it hasn't failed.  The truck battery goes dead if I leave my four ways on for 10 minutes (or if I don't drive the truck for a couple of weeks), is only three years old, and has failed several times.  Definitely on the list to do before winter.


They took most of the aluminum from the camper body.  They aren't coming back for the rest since apparently they lost money on the trip.  I knew metal prices were low (which is part of the reason I determined taking it myself wasn't worth the time), I didn't realize they were that low. 


A couple of other odds and ends: I got a new thermometer for the oven.  It doesn't ding or anything when it gets to temp, and doesn't have any temperature display.  Now it does


I also got a few more sets of brackets up.  The only ones that aren't up are the utility room, and over by the fridge.  I have one by the fridge up, but I don't have a place to put the other bracket up, so I will have to come up with something for that.


We got a lot, and I do mean, a lot of rain last night, so my plans to fill in the trench are on hold since I don't particularly want to play in the muck.

The battery in the truck is now added to the checklist.  I might try to finish up the trailer this weekend.  At least get the bottom boards/decking replaced.  I might push off the rest of the modular system I wanted to build for it until next year.  I will likely need help to move the propane tanks now that they are full, which I will need to do to insulate the front wall.  I will likely have to set up another work weekend and garner some help for it. 

  1. Propane
  2. Smooth the yard.
  3. Install Drainage.
  4. Finish driveway repairs.
  5. Fix the weed whacker.
  6. Fix the push mower.
  7. Fix the generator.
  8. Replace the battery in the truck.
  9. Refurbish the utility trailer.
  10. Extend/insulate the front wall to prevent pipes from freezing.
  11. Build a lean to for equipment.
  12. Clean the crap out of the shed.
  13. Install windows in the shed.
  14. Install power and lights in the shed.
  15. Put in actual pilings for the shed.
  16. Extend the roof on the shed to prevent snow from pushing on the side.
  17. Paint the house.
  18. Paint the shed.
  19. Paint the ceiling of the house.
  20. Burn the pile.
  21. Get rid of the scrap metal.
  22. Bury the power cables.
  23. Install outside outlets at the panel.
  24. Setup entertainment center
  25. Build a real closet so I can hang clothes.
  26. Install curtains and shelves.
  27. Install trim.
  28. Install a table in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment