Saturday, March 17, 2018

Finally able to take pictures again.

I finally got my new phone up and running.  It is a Moto/Lenovo G5 plus.  So here are some pictures of how much snow we got out of the last storm.  Keep in mind that we have had a couple days of sunshine and above freezing temps to melt it down several inches.

The bank at the of the road is up to the hood of my truck. 


The wheeler was buried too. 


As you can see the snowblower was shorter than the snow.  Before it melted down a bit, I had to go over everything multiple times because we got more snow than it could handle.


The house managed to survive it fine, for which I am thankful.  It melts off really quick too; it is already down to about a foot.  On a side note: don't use digital zoom, this picture looks awful.


The front camera on my phone works fine.


I got the wheeler unburied.  There was a lot on it.  I didn't clear it off after the last storm, and there were still feet on it.


I put Dad's redneck plow back on it. 


I expected it to disintegrate when I went to use it, but it actually survived.  I did the bottom portion of the driveway with it.  It worked poorly.  It couldn't push the 18-20" very well.  It would get a couple of feet and then stop.  I had to plow it, then ram the bank again.  Since the wheeler turns like a slug, this wasn't easy given how narrow the driveway is.  Of course if the driveway was wider it wouldn't have been able to push it


The reason it couldn't push it is because it rapidly became taller than the plow.


It never fell off, but the smaller clamp didn't stay on very well. 


I switched over to the snowblower further up since I hadn't cleared the center line.  I might try the wheeler again when I get to the slab. 

I stopped mid afternoon when it warmed up outside.  There seems to be an issue with the snowblower and running when it is warm.  The snow collects on it really badly.  It was like this every 5-10 feet.


I will try to finish it up tomorrow after everything refreezes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment