Sunday, September 4, 2016

Frame is exposed. Lots of pictures.

I had some extra help today from Stefan and Matt, and we got a lot done.  The first thing we did was organize the mess.

I finally have some clear slab again.


The pile of trash has gotten large.  Very large.


The pile of metal has grown as well.  Also quite large.


The burn pile os now so large that it can no longer be completely covered by a tarp.


Something that I noticed when I started ripping off the floor was that some of the styrofoam looked like it had been dissolved.  I think I figured out why.  There were literally thousands of ants living in the styrofoam.


Thankfully I had purchased a new can of wasp spray, and it successfully made the ants dead, though I emptied the can doing it.


The fram is now exposed however.  Unfortunately, it was never painted it appears, so I will have to do something with it.




The tanks were thankfully both empty.  The black water tank was broken too, which means it probably wouldn't have smelled too pretty if it had been used.  The frame supports are also rotted away around it, which means some work will have to be done to the trailer.


Unfortunately we removed the ducting with the reciprocating saw, and that turned out to be a mistake.  A few things got chopped that weren't supposed to.  One of the cross members was cut, and the spare tire likely got nicked.  To be fair, I didn't even know I had a spare tire though, so that is a plus I suppose.


Given that they really cheaped out at the back and how easy it has been to break a lot of the welds on the camper, I am not sure I like the idea of building an extra foot or two off the back of the trailer.  To add insult to injury, the outriggers on the frame were all plastic.


Since I may not get any more time to work on it before I leave for Valence France, I covered up the tanks.  Hopefully the frame doesn't get too badly rusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment