While I didn't work on the carport during the week, I did get the CR-V cleaned out.
I brought in the old two compartment storage I got from Aunt and emptied it. You can see it is starting to tear on the right side.
I also got these two bins re-packed. My condiments bag will need to be replaced. The mustard packets were all solid, so I threw them all away, I didn't really trust the others to be honest.
The two compartment red storage thing held my kitchen supplies in one side, and my tools in the other. The kitchen supplies ended up in one of the rope bins that I got from Natalie.
The tool situation was a bit murkier. I didn't have a lot of basic tools, it was random things I had thrown in. Some came from Uncle's camper, some from here, some from there, and so on. So I had a lot of duplicates, and I was missing basics. And given my very tight space constraints this was not a good way to do it.
This is the "new" space I have allotted for tools. The space where these used to be is now the other cooler. The tools space is basically the seat pocket and what I can fit next to the backup power station. That is it. One other thing to note: I have fixed the bungee cord in this picture that isn't elastic anymore.
Saturday was gorgeous out. I went out for a quick bike ride, and then went back to work on the carport. I was primarily working on attaching the boards at the base. I finished it up Sunday morning since my drill battery died, I brought it in to finish charging, and then I got lazy, but it is done.
The 2x6 is attached on this side as well.
These are the ground anchors I intend to use. I actually bought these for the old Harbor Freight carports but they never got used for those, they never lived long enough.
After I finished that up, I started cleaning up. I pulled out one of the old trash cans. I had other plans for this can, but ever since the side split, it kind of got exiled up there and just sat. So I filled it with all the crap from up there and next time I go to the dump, I will take it and just chuck the whole can in, bags and all.
While I was doing my various chores around the house, I continued on some of the other prep stuff. I have a subset of tools to try to make fit.
I also came across the leftover floor mats from when I made the car camper. Since I have no use for them, I plan on just putting them as an extra layer under the sleeping pad. The alternative is to chuck them.
I still haven't finished the reservations for my trip. I have hit snafus it seems with every reservation after Michigan. I am at the South Dakota part of the trip though, so I am nearly finished. On the carport side, the last thing I want to do before taking the trees down and getting Barry up there is get the snowblowers out of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment