Monday, October 14, 2024

Not terribly productive, mostly cleanup.

Not too much went on during the week.  Since it was just drying out, I didn't stake the tent down, and it went for a ride.  


I got it set back up though, the fiberglass poles are flexible, so it didn't look it got damaged.  


Thursday was the big northern lights show.  Sadly it was cloudy.


I also learned something annoying about my smoke detectors Thursday night: when the batteries get low, they just randomly go off.  No beeps or anything.  


Friday I went and picked up a spare pump and stuff for my hot tub.  He was on a private road with his neighbor, and apparently his neighbor really doesn't like people.  


Since I left early to go pick it up, I also had a little daylight left when I got home.  So I got the tent vacuumed out and folded up.  It is now back in storage in the second room.  


I went and did a short shopping tour Friday night and picked up a couple of 9V batteries.  But apparently my smoke detectors don't use 9V, it uses AA batteries.  Ugh.  I do my weekly shopping on Monday night, I will grab some more batteries then.


I finally gave up and turned on the heat Saturday morning.  It was down in the mid 50s inside the house.  It is earlier than I like to turn on the heat, but oh well.


But then it came up with this.  I researched it for an hour or two, and all I could find was "water supply line kinked or blocked." but my unit doesn't support humidification, so it doesn't have a water supply line.  


I went and checked the water drain just in case, and it all looked fine.  I ended up just resetting the unit and it went away. 


I then set out for my weekend tasks.  As I was pulling out the tractor, I noticed that the entirety of the plastic I put up is now shredded.  Oh well.  I don't plan on doing anything with it this year.


I started with getting ready for the drainage ditch.  I got the area mowed again, and picked up my oil pan.  My oil pan (which I left out in the back because I wanted to change the oil in the excavator) looked pretty funky.  I think it will need a thorough cleaning, and this will teach me to leave it outside.


Next up I got the steps moved out of the way with the tractor.  Despite having not started since August, the tractor fired up immediately.


I was about to pull the tarp off the excavator, but I was supposed to go help Anx in the afternoon, and it was almost noon at this point after futzing around with the phantom heat pump code, and it was supposed to rain Sunday and Monday, so I just left it.  


Instead I took the tractor out and smoothed out the big ditch running across the driveway.  It is much nicer to drive up and down now.  This was the worst one, and might very well be the only one I deal with before winter.  I just didn't want the crevice to catch the snowblower.


The weather on Sunday was really nasty, so I didn't really do much other than some interior cleanup stuff and chores before going to Anx's baby shower.  

Before Winter:
  • Back yard drainage.
  • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
  • Clean off driveway at top.
  • Smooth driveway enough to not catch the snowblower.
  • Winterize equipment
Unlikely to happen at this point until next year:
  • Insulate the water lines
  • Take scrap metal to Buffum.  Clean up trash.
  • Storm doors
  • Gravel the driveway
  • Side yard drainage
  • Eliminate cap.
Winter Projects:
  • Design deck
  • Install whole house filter.
  • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • Cut trails, or at least mark paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment