Sunday, September 9, 2018

Finally a productive day.

Today was a beautiful fall day.  The high for the day didn't even hit the predicted 64.  Partly sunny.  Perfect for construction.

When I got up there, Mike (the septic guy) was already up there.  The entire old foundation is ripped out.


Apparently they braced the foundation with tires.  Unfortunately while he agreed to take the trash out, tires he can't just bring to the transfer station, so I will have to deal with them.  He did offer that I get roll off, he could load all the trash, including the big pile in the backyard.  It is a win-win for us both, he doesn't have to pay to get rid of the trash, and I don't have to deal with it.


While he was working on that, I finished the insulation.


After that, I started to assemble the interior wall.  All the studs are attached to the base plate.  I didn't attach the top plate, since that will have to be done inside.  I also installed the electric boxes while I still had access to them.  The dual gang box had to be "modified" since it was too deep for a 2x3 wall.  The chop saw did the job, though I did crack the box doing it.  This is roughly what the wall will look like.


After it was still early afternoon, so I dragged all the press board out, tossed it in the shed, and made a Home Depot run and got some underlay for the ceiling.  It worked out a lot better.


So much better in fact, that I got three pieces put up in the last couple hours of daylight left.  Considering the previous two took an entire day, it is definitely an improvement.






There is only one piece left, which I will do in the morning.  I am hoping that I can get the ceiling and interior wall in tomorrow.  That is a bit of a tall order, but if tomorrow is as productive as today was, it is definitely achievable.  I did notice today that the days are definitely getting shorter though.

No comments:

Post a Comment