Friday, November 5, 2021

Garage. Well, not anymore.

It is now dark when I get up and when I get home, so I haven't gotten much done during the week. I did pick up the storage tote that I bought for the portable garage though.

And a day later this happened.  The garage was still standing when I got home, despite the storms.  I haven't stood it back up and checked for damage yet, which is most assuredly there.  So now I have a spare outdoor storage box.

I also noticed that at some point while I was on vacation, I blew the headlight in my truck.  I got that replaced today.  The old bulb looks fine, but it doesn't work anymore.  

No movement on the checklist, though I never posted it when I wrote the post about the power center being completed.  I may need to rethink the shed supports.  I hate postponing them again, but at this point it is too cold for concrete, Sullivan has only hit 50 once since I got home, and wasn't there long enough for concrete to cure.  The weather has cooled drastically since I left, where we were still routinely in the 60s.  I hope to complete the tractor work this weekend though, the leveling and the gravel.  It is crazy to think there are only two weekends before I go back down for Thanksgiving.

2021 Projects:
  • Before Trip (currently planned for 10/16)
    • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
    • Baffle box
  • Before Ground freezes/Gets too cold
    • Shed supports
    • South wall siding
    • Driveway round three
    • Level back yard
    • Level front yard 
  • Before Snow cover
    • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • During winter
    • Fix shed floor.
    • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)

1 comment: