Sunday, September 17, 2017

Little more roof work.

I didn't do much today, it was even hotter than yesterday, and I don't do heat well.  It turned out that Home Depot did have some of the longer sheets, both 8 and 12' (they don't normally stock the 8') so I picked up a few sheets.  I now have enough panels to complete the roof.  I did complete the far side.




If I do put up a fascia board, it will have to be thin.  Really thin.


I also went and put all the screws that were missed yesterday on the edges in and put some more in where it was bowing.


I really wish that Home Depot would separate their different types of strips.  I found a couple instances of this today.  Obviously that is the wrong kind of strip.  That certainly won't help matters any.


Also complicating matters is that even the correct strips don't actually match the profile of the sheets. Unfortunately the picture stinks, but the ridges on the mounting hardware are deeper, meaning the valleys in the panel don't touch the plastic.  You can see by the plastic reinforcements though that you are indeed supposed to screw them together in the valleys.  This was likely the root of most of the problems that Matt came across yesterday.


I also did a little cleanup of the slab.  The tar paper is all soggy and wet, so I will clean it up when it dries out a little.


I also started a little prep work for tomorrow.  I brought down the door, which I hope to install tomorrow.


I also have the last piece of siding marked and ready to cut.  All that is left after that is the upper portions.


Still no movement on the checklist, though the roof should be completed tomorrow.  I will need to snag some help (climbing up on the roof with half my body hanging off with no one else there didn't seem like a good idea) but there is only one panel that requires installation from the roof at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment